April 24, 2019
On April 24, 2019 over 800 sixth graders from Title 1 elementary schools will experience what it's like to be a college sudent at the U. Students will attend an assembly with campus leaders and performers, as well as two college classes from various departments. Volunteers will act as mentors for a day by sharing their personal college experiences and leading the students throughout the various activities. This is all aimed to inspire access to higher education.
- One mandatory 1-hour orientation
- Volunteer from 8 am - 1:30 pm on Project Youth Day, April 24 (Reading Day - No School)
- Group photo at the end of Project Youth Day
Orientations will be held on the following days in the Bennion Center, Union Rm 101. Volunteers must attend only ONE orientation.
- Thursday, April 4, 12-1pm
- Monday, April 8 at 5-6pm
- Tuesday, April 9 at 9-10am
- Tuesday, April 9 at 4-5pm
- Wednesday, April 17 at 4-5pm (***LOCATION CHANGE*** Union Theatre on 2nd Floor of Union Building)
- Thursday, April 18 at 1-2pm
- Friday, April 19 at 1-2pm
Please contact the Project Youth directors at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Project Youth Video: https://youtu.be/l0K4QPCHnek