Bennion Center Student Leader positions for the 2023-2024 academic-year!
Applications are now closed!
Community Partner Program's by Issue Area
Advocacy: provide direct engagement at several Title I public schools and non-profit organizations around Salt Lake. Projects support advocacy work that elevates the voices of historically marginalized communities and animals.
- American Red Cross
- Best Friends Animal Society
- Catholic Community Services
- Health Access Project
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- International Rescue Committee
- Ronald McDonald House
- Take Care Utah
- Youth Resource Center
Arts & Recreation: programs support direct engagement opportunities like coaching sports, planning events, concert ushering, and working with children and adults with intellectual disabilities. This programming area aims to engage student volunteers from all over campus, including kinesiology, performing arts, and parks, recreation & tourism majors.
- Arts for Youth (Historic Scott School)
- Canyon Hospice Musical Therapy
- Elevate Theater - Tanner Dance
- Pasifika First Friday
- Primary Children's Hospital
- Running Forward
- Special Olympics Utah U.L.E. (University Leadership & Engagement)
- Special Olympics Utah Team
- Utah Symphony | Utah Opera
Education: programs provide direct service at several Title I public schools, local libraries, and non-profit organizations around Salt Lake. Projects support education initiatives at all levels of instruction (children and adults).
- ACT Prep at Day-Riverside Library
- ACT Prep at Marmalade Branch Library
- Bud Bailey Youth Tutoring
- Children's Center Mentoring
- ESL Guadalupe
- Hser Ner Moo
- Palmer Court Kids' Book Club
- Road Home Kids' Book Club
Health & Wellness: programs include a variety of both hospital and non-hospital programs. Volunteers can work with kids, adults, and the elderly in an assortment of capacities such as mentoring, providing free vision screenings, and providing assistance and companionship to patients.
- Friends for Sight
- Hospice and U
- Maliheh Free Clinic
- Rides for Wellness
- Utah AIDS Foundation
- Utah Naloxone
- VA Nursing Home
Mentorship: programs work with a variety of populations, including young people, the elderly, and low-income children and adults. Volunteers serve as mentors, group leaders, and role models.
- Best Buddies
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah
- Girl Scouts Outreach
- Road Home Teens' Night Out
- TBI Group (Headstrong, Brain Injury Alliance Utah)
- The Sharing Place
Sustainability & Food Justice: programs are diverse and include everything from recovering food to avoid waste to weeding carrots in a school garden. This programming area aims to entice student volunteers from all over campus, including biology, nutrition, and environmental studies majors. Volunteers can assist in a community garden, promote recycling around campus, or deliver meals to the elderly.
- Edible Campus Gardens
- Feed U Pantry
- Food Recovery Network
- Green Urban Lunchbox
- Meals on Wheels
- Social Justice Gardens - Mountain View