2019-2020 Project Youth Team Leader Application
Applications Due: Friday, September 13th at 11:59 PM
Thank you for applying to become a School Team Leader for Project Youth 2020! The team leader role is an important role in helping local 5th and 6th graders to start thinking about higher education.
Team leaders will work in groups of 2-3 at an assigned school. Team leaders will be responsible for traveling to their assigned school to teach a curriculum to their students. The curriculum will be taught at a monthly team leader meeting prior to the visits to the schools.
Team leaders will also be asked to collect t-shirt sizes and dietary needs of the students. Team leaders will additionally be asked to recruit 5 volunteers each to engage the youth during the trip to the University of Utah campus.
*This position requires some work fall semester, but a majority of the work will take place in Spring 2020.
School Team Leaders should possess the following skills and attributes
- A passion for working with children.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Some flexibility and time.
- Responsibility and commitment to meeting expectations and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Expected time commitment
- 1-3 hours a month for 2nd half of Fall semester
- 5-6 Hours a month for Spring Semester
- 8 hours on Project Youth Day April 22, 2020
Any questions can be directed to Bryce Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-581-8436.