Bennion Center Community Quest 2021
Join us on a quest for community engagement activities!
The Bennion Center's Student Board is hosting the 2021 Community Quest - this event is an effort to encourage active community engagement both on campus and in the larger community (especially during these 2 weeks with 100% remote classes). Each week we will focus on a theme and provide a variety of opportunities/suggestions for engagement.
How to Participate
- Complete activities!
- From the list below or something that fits the weekly theme
- Track your engagement!
- Submit a photo or screenshot to our online form (click here)
- Or post on Instagram and tag us @bennioncenter
- Get entered for weekly prizes!
- Prize winners will be randomly drawn each week
- Winners will be notified by email or direct message
Week 1 "ACT" Winner:
Week 2 "LEAD" Winner:
WEEK 3: MARCH 15TH - 21ST
Philanthropy & Social Entrepreneurship
Give Money, Donations, and/or Effort
- AB Donation Drive for CCS & Utah Foster Care
- Monetary or In-kind Donations
- Donation sites on campus
- Marriott Library Book Donations
- Give to the BC or Specific BC Programs
- Donate to the UofU BCC’s George Floyd Memorial Fund
- Donate food and hygiene items or money to the Feed U Pantry
- The Feed U Food Pantry is grateful to accept donations of food and hygiene items that are unopened, non-expired, and individually packaged and labeled.
- Research your favorite local justice-based nonprofits and donate to or engage with them
- Here are a few ideas:
- IRC SLC
- Salt Lake COVID-19 Mutual Aid
- Community is a verb. Every dollar you donate to Salt Lake Mutual Aid goes straight back into the community.
- Want to protect our public lands? Or know about public land issues?
- Text keyword SUWA to 52886
- Save our canyons
- Tell your legislators to vote NO on SB176 (HEAL Utah)
- Comunidades Unidas
- Equality Utah
- Take action/Sign petitions
- Give Blood or Platelets!
- Donating Blood Makes a Big Difference in the Lives of Others. Find a drive near you.
Personal reflection on your lifestyle - Social Entrepreneurship & Ethical Consumerism
- Look at the impact on your current lifestyle
- Environmental impact
- Consumer impact: What are some ways to support your local community?
- Research a sustainable/equitable alternative to something you buy or consume this week
- What are some current issues you are passionate about? Write an Op-Ed/Letter to the Editor for a local newspaper
- What changes in your lifestyle can you make?
- Listen to: Scene on Radio S. 4 Ep. 10 - Schooled for Democracy
- After listening to this podcast episode, find a way to act on what you believe to be an act of citizenship or act on what you feel your role/responsibility is to your community.
- Reflect: How does what you did fit into what you think citizenship should be?
Happening this week...
- Service House Dialogue: Thriving Under the Pandemic- SLC Response to COVID-19
- Thursday, March 18th, 2021 @ 6:30pm
CLICK HERE TO CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE